Free Counters
Kennedy Western University Online

Friday, November 03, 2006

Off to Foxwoods


So I'm off to Foxwoods tomorrow morning. The plan is to play a boatload of poker for 3 days and then return to Detroit on 11/5, vote...Republican of course, then recover for the rest of the day - a company holiday. I'll try to take some notes on the hands I play poorly or other interesting events and post them for feedback. I'm looking to play a variety of games (stud, limit Omaha8, NL Hold'Em). I'll even play a mixed game if they spread it.

I have an $1100 cash bankroll that I built steadily, consistently, month-by-month, grinding away. I have to admit, I'm a little worried that I might get carried away, thinking I'm a better player than I really am, and blow the whole chunk. For me, I feel much worse after a big loss than I feel good after a big win. The lows are much lower than the highs are high.

That kind of 'reverse' pleasure from poker has me sort of nervous about a trip like this. I want to 'inch' a little closer to the proverbial 'edge' by playing higher limits. I want to experiment with making a $200 raise and seeing how I respond, but I'm just really nervous that a few bad beats will have me back in the hotel, watching TV and licking my wounds.

I guess I should be a wee bit more encouraged by the run I've been on lately. I'm sure most of this hot streak is related to sheer dumb luck, but at some point maybe I can start to assign a small amount of this success to playing decent poker.

In the last 6 months, I've won $3100, I've cashed in 3 of the 8 tournaments I've played, I've won money in 18 of the last 21 cash game sessions, and I've won the last 11 straight cash game sessions.

Ok, like in business, I must now establish an achievable but difficult goal for the weekend. My goal is to turn $1100 into $2200! I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?