Free Counters
Kennedy Western University Online

Thursday, December 21, 2006

In a Virtual Hole


I’m in a virtual hole.

I’ve played a lot of small stakes online poker over the last couple of years. The highest limits I’ve played at are $2/$4 limit and $.50/$1.00 pot limit. Most of my online hours have been logged playing $1/$2 Omaha H/L, but I’ve played all the games (limit, pot limit, and no limit) and most recently started playing a lot of $1/$2 H.O.R.S.E on Full Tilt.

So my history with Online play is that I’ve made 4 deposits of $50 each. I ran each of these deposits up quite a bit but eventually ended up loosing everything about 6 months ago. So I decided to quit for a while. I was sick of online play and determined to not make any more deposits to these evil sites.

The hiatus was really nice. I kind of enjoyed not playing online. It sort of felt like I just quit my part time job. I spent time talking to my kids, helping with chores around the house, etc…

This retirement from Online poker lasted about 3 months. Then, I decided to stick another $50 on Full Tilt. After all, my girl friend Clownie Gowen represents Full Tilt, so I better play on this site. They had a nice bonus at the time.

I plodded away and made some money. I transferred some extra money to Poker Star (my favorite site). I had it going on. I had both accounts at over $300 each. Not too bad. My goal was to be playing $4/$8 or $5/$10 regularly, so I figured I need about $1000 in my account.

Then, I started to develop a fondness for PL Omaha, had some early success, then I’d loose $50 here. I’d loose $50 there. I played some $20 tournaments. Loose. Loose. Before I knew it, I’m down to $55 left on FT.

So I’m going to put some pressure on myself. I will not reload this (or any account) for 3 months if I should loose my last $50.

BTW, last night I won a $5 H.O.R.S.E tourney, so I’m up $20 to $70. I think I’ll focus on playing these tourneys a while. I usually cash about 40% of the time. If I really play smart – avoid chasing in stud and Razz, I’ll do OK.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?