Free Counters
Kennedy Western University Online

Thursday, February 08, 2007

HORSE Blind Schedule

So I need to build a H.O.R.S.E. blind schedule for an upcoming tournament.

Usually, when I build a blind schedule I start with a pretty established shedule (like WSOP) and then tweak it a little. So, I pulled the WSOP H.O.R.S.E blind schedule and I noticed it had some "issues."

To understand what I mean by "issues", you only need to look at the WSOP No Limit Hold'Em blind schedule. I figure that the people who put this thing together, probably know an awful lot about what they are doing. The features of the WSOP NLHE blind schedule are as follows.

Blinds start at 25/25 (so they can avoid using red chips)
The blinds progressively escalate and are in increments that match chip denominations
Antes kick in on the 5th round
Round to round increases are usually between 20% and 60%

It is somethime helpful to depict the blind schedule visually. So at the risk of being called a "chart-aholic", I put the following chart together to visually display the WSOP NLHE blind schedule. The red line depicts the round-to-round increases in "CPR". CPR is cost per round and represents that amount it costs you to sit and fold hands each round. For example, round 9 has a $100 ante, so it will cost you $1000 (10 hands @ $100) plus $1200 ($400 small blind and $800 big blind). The blue line represents the CPR.






You'll notice on the WSOP H.O.R.S.E schedule several of the round-to-round increase are pretty big (more than 100%). Each of the Razz rounds are substantiall more "expensive" than the previous round - primarily as a result of antes. Plus the later rounds (28 and higher) look a little strange.

So I got to tweaking a little. I've heard so much feedback from players at my home tourney that they hate round-to-round increase of more than 60%. What do you guys think about this one? Should we just play with the WSOP H.O.R.S.E. schedule or use the JJ modified H.O.R.S.E schedule?


Comments:
you should really send this to the WSOP...you might get yourself a free entry.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?