Free Counters
Kennedy Western University Online

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Makes you want to puke!

I was so excited to have a Nebraska game on TV this weekend.


I have to tell ya, I still get really excited about watching my Cornhuskers. Oh sure, they've been down a little this year (4 consecutive losses heading into this weekend), but I still get so much enjoyment out of watching them. Forever optimistic, I guess.


But then, something went wrong. Something went really wrong. As I sat there watching the game on Fox Sports Net (thank God for FSN) and folding another load of laundry, Kansas and Nebraska traded scores for a while. Then, just as half-time was approaching, KU's score ballooned to 48 points. Still, I was optimistic.


Then, the second half happened. KU scored. And scored. And Scored. Nebraska had no ability or will power to do anything about it.


I wanted to puke. I'm not a real violent type, but I was seriously looking for something to punch. I'm just sick. It's totally depressing.


Then, for the rest of the day - and into Sunday morning, TV sportscasters were non-stop on this subject. "Just how far have the Husker's fallen?" "Is this the biggest collapse in football?" etc...

Incidental, have you check out Notre Dame this year?

Then, on Sunday I watched the hapless Lions destroy the AFC powerhouse Broncos. The Lions look impressive, improve to 6-2, and suddenly aren't so hapless. I can only imagine how the Lions fans must feel. After having suffered through so many years of just horrible front office decisions, pour coaching, and sometimes laughable play, the Lions look like they might be turning the corner.


So maybe the Huskers have hit rock bottom and I should look forward to the climb back up to the top.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?