Free Counters
Kennedy Western University Online

Monday, April 07, 2008

The Executive Game

So, I've been up and down with gambling lately.

I've won a little a poker.

I lost in the semi-finals of fantasy bball...not because my opponent had a better team. Instead, he just substituted warm bodies to fill his roster on Fri, Sat, Sun and came back from down 7-2 to beat me. Hats off - I guess - for a winning strategy.

If Kansas wins on Monday night - I win $150.

I went to the executive game on Saturday night. This is the game where I play a little over my head as far as bankroll goes. The game is $1/$2 NL, but the game plays much bigger. I took $600 with me - as it was likely I could need to rebuy 3 or 4 times to stay in the game.

3 fun hands came up.

The first hand I get AA cracked. No big deal. I only had $85 in front of me, so it didn't cost me too much. Plus, I took a little satisfaction from trapping a fish really good...before he sqirmed out of my trap and stacked me.


I had been watching a fish to my right raise with really marginal hands, from any position for a couple of rounds, so I decided to spring a trap. I thought I'd reraise alot to isoloate and then win the pot on the flop with a c-bet. The isolation part didn't really work. I ended up in a 5 handed pot with $150 and I only had $75 left behind...but it work out good.



Then one one hand I score a big pot (maybe the biggest ever for me) when I hit a set. I had a stone cold read that the uber loose player was on a flush draw. I bet as much as I thought he would call (in error). Then it gets interesting. Outcome was pretty cool though!



Up $500 for 3 hours work at the executive game...not too shabby.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?